[directfb-dev] Re: RGBA ?

Quoting marton.zelina@philips.com (marton.zelina@philips.com):
> Hi,
> Is DirectFB going to support RGBA color model too ? The ARGB color model is not the best for my application.
> Thanks,
>  Marton Zelina

I'm not aware of any hardware supporting this color model.
As DirectFB is hardware oriented we would add the color model if there
was hardware that supports it, but not for applications that need it.

Anyway, you can add a color model in "directfb.h" (DFBSurfacePixelFormat)
and add the needed function to each ".*_PFI_.*" group in "generic.c".

A simple but dirty way would be to have your application rotate a pixel by
8 to the left after reading and back to the right before writing in a
locked surface.

( convergence           )
( integrated media gmbh )