[directfb-dev] Re: Java 2D - Toolkit

Quoting Szymon Polom (polom@convergence.de):
> Hi...
>
> marton.zelina@philips.com wrote:
>
> > Is there written a Java AWT Toolkit that is linked to the DirectFB implementation ? That would be useful to write Java (2D or Swing) programs on DirectFB.
>
> As far as I remeber, we had a demo of AWT (with sample applications) on
> DirectFB at the IBC 2000 in Amsterdam (convergence is implementing MHP).
>
> Unfortunately I am not aware of legal and release status quo.

It's Kaffe from Transvirtual, we did an AWT backend for DirectFB.
And that was the original purpose of DirectFB, to do all AWT transparency
extensions defined by MHP (Multimedia Home Platform), i.e. the HAVi API.
HAVi needs transparent layers for TV, background and applications.

( convergence           )
( integrated media gmbh )