[directfb-dev] Re: [CVS-DirectFB] DirectFB

[directfb-dev] Re: [CVS-DirectFB] DirectFB

# Thus spake Denis Oliver Kropp (dok@convergence.de):

> > > Well, these are great for user and system specific overrides, but to
> > > provide some defaults ( --quiet for example ;) ) I have to pass them in
> > > via a fake argv which just seems awkward. No big deal, but it'd be nice
> > > to be able to say dfb->SetOption("quiet") or something along those
> > > lines.
> >
> > Sorry for reply to self, but I dont want to sound demanding. I hereby
> > volunteer to implement this and send you a patch ;).
>
> a) you are welcome to do this

patch attached. if you want this done differently, holler.

> b) i would prefer doing a DFBSetOption("no-hardware") because dfb->...
>    is only available after initialization, and after initialization
>    most options will have no effect anymore

you're right, of course

> c) should we disallow using DFBSetOption after DirectFBCreate?

yes, I think that make sense. I'll leave that to you as I couldnt
immediately see an obvious way to do this, but I guess you will.

Cheers,

Till

--
mailto: till@adam-lilienthal.de