[directfb-dev] Re: Some basic DirectFB questions

[directfb-dev] Re: Some basic DirectFB questions

Hi,

M.Hunold@t-online.de (Michael Hunold) writes:

> The "problem" is, that all demos are compiled and linked against
> the existing X11 GTK+ libraries that where installed with
> my system, but not against the new GTK+ libraries of
> your modified version... 8-/
>
> So I always get the X11 versions of "helloworld" and others.

You need to change your Makefile so pkg-config uses gtk+-directfb-2.0.pc.
Just ask for the gtk+-directfb-2.0 package. This should pull in the correct
libs.

> This works, but unfortunately the program does not run, showing
> this error message:
>
> -------------------schnipp-----------------------------------
> [root@michael helloworld]# ./helloworld
>
>        ----------------------- DirectFB v0.9.2 ---------------------
>                 (c)2000  convergence integrated media GmbH
>         -----------------------------------------------------------
>
> (*) Single Application Core. (with MMX support)
> (*) DirectFB/InputDevice: Keyboard 0.9 (convergence integrated media
> GmbH)
> (*) DirectFB/InputDevice: PS/2 Mouse 0.9 (convergence integrated media
> GmbH)
> (*) MMX detected and enabled
>
> (*) DirectFB/GfxCard: Matrox 0.3 (convergence integrated media GmbH)
>
> Gtk-Message: YOU ARE USING THE DEVEL BRANCH 1.3.x OF GTK+ WHICH IS
> CURRENTLY
>                 UNDER HEAVY DEVELOPMENT AND FREQUENTLY INTRODUCES
> INSTABILITIES.
>                 if you don't know why you are getting this, you probably
> want to
>                 use the stable branch which can be retrived from
>                 ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v1.2/ or via CVS with
>                 cvs checkout -r glib-1-2 glib; cvs checkout -r gtk-1-2
> gtk+
>
> ** WARNING **: No fonts found by pangft2. Things will probably not work
>
> ** WARNING **: Didn't read any pango ft2 fontalias file. Things will
> probably not work.

You did not install the Freetype backend of Pango correctly. This is not
your fault. The default Pango installation does not take care of installing
proper configuration files for PangoFT. You need to put some fonts into
$prefix/lib/pango/ft2fonts and install a suitable
$prefix/etc/pango/pangoft2.aliases. There is an example pangoft2.aliases
distributed with Pango.

> ** ERROR **: file shape.c: line 57 (pango_shape): assertion failed:
> (glyphs->num_glyphs > 0)
> aborting...
> (!) --->  CAUGHT SIGNAL 5  <---

Yeah, Pango crashes badly if it can not find a suitable font. This is bad
but will hopefully be fixed soon.

Salut, Sven