[directfb-dev] Re: Directfb with Objective C, Debian packages

[directfb-dev] Re: Directfb with Objective C, Debian packages

Quoting Nicolas Peninguy (niconounet@free.fr):
> Hello,
>
> In directfb.h you use "id" as a variable name, however, "id" is a
> keyword of the Objective C language, so I had to replace each occurence
> of "id" in my directfb.h to use DirectFB with this language.
>
> Could this be changed in future release ?

It will be changed in the next release and soon in CVS.

> When I run ./configure in the DFBTutorials-0.3 directory, it doesn't
> find directfb :
>
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> checking for DirectFB... configure: error:
> *** DirectFB 0.9.2 or newer is required. The latest
> *** version of DirectFB is always available from http://www.directfb.org.

Either the debian package did not install directfb.pc or it is installed in
another directory as pkg-config expects, that is when pkg-config is installed
in another prefix (same problem with aclocal's m4 files).

> Moreover, in order to change the video mode, I had to download sources
> of directfb, and to merge the fb.modes file with mine... (1 hour to find
> why SetVideoMode didn't worked ! :-)

The standard debian fb.modes only contains 8bit modes that we don't support,
there is only one valid mode for DirectFB IIRC. Maybe we should name it
/etc/directfb.modes and install it automatically.

( convergence           )
( integrated media gmbh )