[directfb-dev] Re: Directfb with Objective C, Debian packages

Denis Oliver Kropp <dok@convergence.de> a écrit :

> It will be changed in the next release and soon in CVS.

Ok, thanks a lot :-)

> Either the debian package did not install directfb.pc or it is installed in
> another directory as pkg-config expects, that is when pkg-config is installed
> in another prefix (same problem with aclocal's m4 files).

In fact the debian package did not install it.

So I did a
./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-avifile
in directfb 0.9.2 source tree to create correct *.pc files, and I copy
them into /usr/lib/pkg-config. Now it works.

> The standard debian fb.modes only contains 8bit modes that we don't support,
> there is only one valid mode for DirectFB IIRC. Maybe we should name it
> /etc/directfb.modes and install it automatically.

I must be missing something, because I can swith to any mode of the
debian fb.modes file, and use any depth by using the -depth option of
fbset (while 24bits mode seem to be broken). Like this:

fbset -depth 16 800x600-75

I've got a Voodoo 3 2000 PCI.