[directfb-dev] Re: small patch

Quoting Till Adam (till@adam-lilienthal.de):
> Hello folks,
>
> or should that be Hallo, I get the impression there are only
> germans on this list? ;)
>
> Attached is a patch that allows
> layer->SetBackgroundMode(layer, DLBM_IMAGE)
> to be safely called before layer->SetBackgroundImage(layer, surface).
>
> I cant think of anything that would break because of this and it does seem
> to me the more natural order to use the two.
>
> If you intended them to be used in the other order because of the
> repaint, maybe a note in the docs and some kind of error message would
> be nice.

It can't be possible to set image mode before setting the image and
this patch does not help out really. Imagine you set the mode
to image mode and move a window, this would cause a repaint, too.

Setting image mode without an image being set should return an error.
I will have to add an extra error code for this ;)

( convergence           )
( integrated media gmbh )