[directfb-dev] gifs and windows

Hey folks,

if I create a window with alphachannel and render a gif to it, it doesnt
get displayed. Rendering a transparent png to the window surface works,
as does rendering gifs to windows created without DWCAPS_ALPHACHANNEL.

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Also, I dont seem to be able to alter the background surface of my layer
anymore after it has been set as the backgroundimage. Do I have to reset
the background surface to get it to repaint? What is the necessary
voodoo here?

Thanks,

Till

btw: what is the status of a xcf (gimp) loader? Christian Kreibich has
recently written a loader for Rastermans Imlib2 which could probably
serve as an excellent basis for this. He has nicely extracted and
commented the relevant gimp code. Want me to have a look into this?

--
mailto: till@adam-lilienthal.de
http://www.adam-lilienthal.de/till