[directfb-dev] Re: gifs and windows

Quoting Till Adam (till@adam-lilienthal.de):
> Hey folks,
>
> if I create a window with alphachannel and render a gif to it, it doesnt
> get displayed. Rendering a transparent png to the window surface works,
> as does rendering gifs to windows created without DWCAPS_ALPHACHANNEL.
>
> Am I missing something or is this a bug?

The GIF provider did not decode it with alpha set to 0xff, should work now.

> Also, I dont seem to be able to alter the background surface of my layer
> anymore after it has been set as the backgroundimage. Do I have to reset
> the background surface to get it to repaint? What is the necessary
> voodoo here?

Currently the only way to update the background image is to do a flip
on it, the surface has to be created with DSCAPS_FLIPPING. It's a double
buffered surface then.
I am looking for a solution...

> btw: what is the status of a xcf (gimp) loader? Christian Kreibich has
> recently written a loader for Rastermans Imlib2 which could probably
> serve as an excellent basis for this. He has nicely extracted and
> commented the relevant gimp code. Want me to have a look into this?

XCF would be nice, but RenderTo would have the effect of flattening the image.
How do our GIMP hackers think about it?

( convergence           )
( integrated media gmbh )