[directfb-dev] Re: Cross compiling and library probs

[directfb-dev] Re: Cross compiling and library probs

Quoting Faralla (faralla@gmx.de):
> Hi,
>
> we have big problems with cross-compiling directfb-0.9.3 .
> The problem is, that always the libraries from the host-system are taken.
> For example for libjpeg.so a workaround helped, which is replacing the line
> 'sys_lib_search_path_spec="/usr/lib /lib" in libtool to point to the right
> directory.
> But that does not seem to help with all libs.
>
> Would it be possible for anyone of you to add something
> like --take-libs-from= to configure?

libtool voodoo, don' wanna touch 8)

> The next problem is, that 'make install' does not work if you install
> directfb to some path which will be exported for example via nfs as a
> nfsroot. I always have to compile with --prefix=/ and then copy the libs
> manually to the nfsroot.
> I think the problems lies within the absolute paths which the examples use.
> Would it be possible to change the to use relative paths?

I can't imagine that relative paths would work, because you can start the binary
from any location if it's in PATH. The data isn't installed into the same
directory as the binary.

> One additional wish I have is to change configure.in to use $target to
> specify if iopl is used.

$target is set to "NONE" here, I assume that if $target is NONE $host should
be examined. Please try the updated configure.

( convergence           )
( integrated media gmbh )