[directfb-dev] Re: Cross compiling and library probs

[directfb-dev] Re: Cross compiling and library probs

Hi,

"Faralla" <faralla@gmx.de> writes:

> we have big problems with cross-compiling directfb-0.9.3 .
> The problem is, that always the libraries from the host-system are taken.

I have no experience with cross-compiling, but did you try to set
CPP_FLAGS and LD_LIBARARY_PATH before running configure?

> The next problem is, that 'make install' does not work if you install
> directfb to some path which will be exported for example via nfs as a
> nfsroot. I always have to compile with --prefix=/ and then copy the libs
> manually to the nfsroot.

I don't understand your problem. Why does 'make install' not work?

> I think the problems lies within the absolute paths which the examples use.
> Would it be possible to change the to use relative paths?

All examples search their data files in $datadir, so
'configure --datadir=DIR' should do the trick. If not you can tweak the
Makefile.am in the examples dir a little.

Salut, Sven