[directfb-dev] Re: gifs and windows

# Thus spake Denis Oliver Kropp (dok@convergence.de):

> Quoting Till Adam (till@adam-lilienthal.de):
> > if I create a window with alphachannel and render a gif to it, it doesnt
> > get displayed. Rendering a transparent png to the window surface works,
> > as does rendering gifs to windows created without DWCAPS_ALPHACHANNEL.
> >
> > Am I missing something or is this a bug?
>
> The GIF provider did not decode it with alpha set to 0xff, should work now.

Hm, I get a white rectangle where the image should be in my app now. I
tried using the same gif in df_window and it gets rendered there,
but does not have a transparent background. I cant for the life of me
find any difference in the way my app handles this compared to
df_window, but there obviously has to be one. I'll keep looking. I
gather that this loader is not exactly high priority for you guys and I
see where you're coming from with that, but maybe someone else on here
has more clue about gif than me and would care to look into this?

Thanks,

Till

--
mailto: till@adam-lilienthal.de