[directfb-dev] Re: Double Click

Hi,

Hallvar Helleseth <hallvar@ii.uib.no> writes:

> Maybe there could be added "int doubleclick" to DFBWindow/InputEvent used
> by DWET_BUTTONDOWN. This way all apps will have the same double click
> rate, and it can be configured for all of them by some parameter in the
> DFB config file.

doesn't sound like a bad idea but it wouldn't work for GTK+-DirectFB
since the double/triple click events are generated in the
backend-independent common part of GDK. The double-click time is also
set there.

Apart from that, I'm not sure if DirectFB is able to decide if a
double-click occured. You usually would generate double-click events
if a user clicked twice into the same widget (for example a button).
If the user clicks two times but into different buttons, you wouldn't
want to receive a double-click event. Since DirectFB doesn't know
about widgets it can not make this distinction. It could perhaps send
a double-click event if the mouse didn't move between the clicks but
it would be hard to generate double-clicks then.

Salut, Sven