[directfb-dev] Re: Missing KeyIdentifiers?

[directfb-dev] Re: Missing KeyIdentifiers?

Hi,

Ville Syrjälä <syrjala@sci.fi> writes:

> I'm porting a game to use DirectFB, but some keys are missing an
> identifier: slash, backslash, semicolon etc. Pretty much all the keys on
> the right side of a qwerty keyboard. I noticed there are KeySymbols now
> but I don't use events but instead check keys with GetKeyState(). Any
> ideas how to handle this?

you need to use KeyEvents and DirectFB-0.9.11 to be able to handle
this properly. Or you could try to convince us that we need to add key
identifiers for the remaining keys. The problem is how to name them. A
possible solution would be to use the names from a US keyboard layout.
For your game that would mean that users with other keyboard layouts
would have problems to find the keys since they'd be labelled
differently than the key identifier they map to.

Salut, Sven