[directfb-dev] Re: Flipping troubles - videolayer, crtc2

[directfb-dev] Re: Flipping troubles - videolayer, crtc2

Quoting Ji?? Svoboda (Jiri.Svoboda@seznam.cz):
> Hi,
> I'm trying to get working flipping in mplayer together with dfb. I've
> encountered some problems.
>
> If I switch on flipping for (video)layer (bes on mga) via
> SetConfiguration:
>
>       dlc.flags = DLCONF_BUFFERMODE;
>       dlc.options = DLBM_BACKVIDEO;
>       ret =videolayer->SetConfiguration( videolayer, &dlc );

dlc.buffermode is the right place for DLBM_BACKVIDEO.

> It returns OK. But surface obtained afterwards doesn't support it. Is
> this problem of unimplemented feature in dfb (buffer switching for BES)
> or I'm doing something wrong?

I just found that besFlipBuffers() was unimplemented ;(
Please try the CVS version.

> Second problem is with framebuffer on CRTC2. I can create surface with
> flipping support, but when I call Flip() for it, flip fails. Is there
> any limitation for flip support even if surface is successfully created
> as flipping?

Did you "create" it with DSCAPS_PRIMARY or
did you "get" it from the primary display layer?