[directfb-dev] Re: [directfb-users] more questions

  • To: directfb-dev@directfb.org
  • Subject: [directfb-dev] Re: [directfb-users] more questions
  • From: Hallvar Helleseth <hallvar@ii.uib.no>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 19:15:38 +0200
  • Sender: Hallvar Helleseth <hallvar@ii.uib.no>
  • Sender: directfb-dev-bounce@directfb.org

I currently have a somewhat working libmpeg2 (mpeg2dec) video provider.
It uses much less resources than libmpeg3 to play back mpeg files.
however libmpeg2 only decodes the mpeg. I have to have seperate demuxers
and an audio decoder (mp3/mp2/ac3/etc). Since I'm very much a newbie
especially when it comes to demuxing it's taking it's time to complete
the video provider. on my todo list:
- New demuxer. I'm using the demuxer from mpeg2dec.c right now.
- Seeking.
- Audio playback.
- Direct rendering (Directfb has bug with Matrox G550 YV12 pixelformat)
- more ofcourse :)

I'd love it if you could help me, or possibly finish the video provider.
I'll send you the sources for if you want.

Hallvar Helleseth