[directfb-dev] Re: Flipping troubles - videolayer, crtc2

[directfb-dev] Re: Flipping troubles - videolayer, crtc2

Quoting Ji?? Svoboda (Jiri.Svoboda@seznam.cz):
> > This causes Flip() to wait until the vertical retrace before
> > flipping is performed by the driver. The flipping of the BES
> > happens on the next vertical retrace (one whole frame later
> > because Flip waited before). In case of the BES you should
> > flip without DSFLIP_WAITFORSYNC and maybe do a
> > dfb->WaitForSync() afterwards.
>
> YES - that works. How can I detect if this is necessary and when to use
> DSFLIP_WAITFORSYNC?

You can't detect that unless we add an API for it, but the new
flipping flags seem to be a better solution.

> > Did you try "df_andi --dfb:fbdev=/dev/fb1"?
> > You may add DSCAPS_VIDEOONLY to df_andi's setup code.
>
> I've tried it - result is the same as for my code - flip fails with
> general failure (pannig not supported). Doesn't matter if
> DSCAPS_VIDEOONLY is applied.

I have G550 with 2.4.19-pre10 and it works.