[directfb-dev] Re: Flipping troubles - videolayer, crtc2

  • To: Jiri Svoboda <jiri.svoboda@seznam.cz>
  • Subject: [directfb-dev] Re: Flipping troubles - videolayer, crtc2
  • From: Antonino Daplas <adaplas@pol.net>
  • Date: 19 Jun 2002 02:06:55 +0800
  • Cc: directfb-dev <directfb-dev@directfb.org>
  • Sender: directfb-dev-bounce@directfb.org

On Tue, 2002-06-18 at 16:58, Jiri Svoboda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Thanks.  I've tested it but I get only a green screen
> > (symptom of backbuffer not being flipped at all).
>
> Will check it.
>
> > I think it's because when you test for the YV12 blit, and it is true,
> > you set do_flipping=0.  I think buggy YV12 blitting and
> > buffer flipping are two separate issues, and should be tested
> > separately.
>
> I set do_flipping on version basis - for 0.9.12 and above (same as
> blit). And it is connected to YV12 blit. If I set backbuffer into system
> memory flipping works only when bitblt is OK. So I enabled flipping for
> version 0.9.12 and above. BTW: flipping on matrox BES is supoorted also
> from 0.9.12....
>
> Because of bitblt bug flipping is not safe on 0.9.11 even if it is
> supported by dfb.

Flipping from backvideo should not be affected by the blit bug, only
flipping from the backsystem.  I guess you can use a test similar to the
following:

create/get DLBM_BACKVIDEO layer, then test for flipping support by
issuing a layer->Flip.

If unimplemented, create/get DLBM_BACKSYSTEM if no YV12 blit bug.  Then
test for flipping support by issuing a layer->Flip.

If unimplemented, then  create/get DLBM_FRONTONLY layer.

Tony