[directfb-dev] Re: Flipping troubles - videolayer, crtc2

[directfb-dev] Re: Flipping troubles - videolayer, crtc2

Hi,

> On Tue, 2002-06-18 at 16:58, Jiri Svoboda wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > Thanks.  I've tested it but I get only a green screen
> > > (symptom of backbuffer not being flipped at all).
> >
> > Will check it.
Is Your driver creating flipping surface as default? Even if not
specified/layer not configured?

> > > I think it's because when you test for the YV12 blit, and it is
> > > true,
> > > you set do_flipping=0.  I think buggy YV12 blitting and
> > > buffer flipping are two separate issues, and should be tested
> > > separately.
> >
> > I set do_flipping on version basis - for 0.9.12 and above (same as
> > blit). And it is connected to YV12 blit. If I set backbuffer into
> > system memory flipping works only when bitblt is OK. So I enabled
> > flipping for version 0.9.12 and above. BTW: flipping on
> matrox BES is
> > supoorted also from 0.9.12....
> >
> > Because of bitblt bug flipping is not safe on 0.9.11 even if it is
> > supported by dfb.
>
> Flipping from backvideo should not be affected by the blit
> bug, only flipping from the backsystem.  I guess you can use
> a test similar to the
> following:
>
> create/get DLBM_BACKVIDEO layer, then test for flipping
> support by issuing a layer->Flip.

I did not test it yet, but I think this will not work. Flip will be OK
in all case, but nothing displayed for DLBM_BACKSYSTEM.
I will solve this by disabling DLBM_BACKSYSTEM for dfb 0.9.11.

JS