[directfb-dev] Re: Flipping troubles - videolayer, crtc2

[directfb-dev] Re: Flipping troubles - videolayer, crtc2

Quoting Ji?? Svoboda (Jiri.Svoboda@seznam.cz):
> > Did you try "df_andi --dfb:fbdev=/dev/fb1"?
> > You may add DSCAPS_VIDEOONLY to df_andi's setup code.
>
> I've tried it - result is the same as for my code - flip fails with
> general failure (pannig not supported). Doesn't matter if
> DSCAPS_VIDEOONLY is applied.

Hi,

I found a patch for G450/G550 TV-Out on the Kernel Mailing List and
played a bit with it. I experienced the same problem with flipping,
but only if I use the "no-vt-switch" option. Anyway I was really
annoyed by the buggy con2fbmap stuff, I even got 2.4 kernels to
crash with it.