[directfb-dev] Re: TV oriented application needs; was:ANNOUNCE: DirectFB

[directfb-dev] Re: TV oriented application needs; was:ANNOUNCE: DirectFB 0.9.12

Hi,

Mike Pieper <mike@pieper-family.de> writes:

> Well, my application (df-gp.sf.net) also has the problem that the
> wait for sync is not sufficient. The application shows full size TV
> pictures (PAL 720x576) with possible overlays on it. Because it's
> not possible to mix several layers by hardware (I'm using a G400),
> it has to be done by software.

I migth be misunderstanding something here, but why don't you use
windows to blend the onscreen GUI over the TV image? This approach
should work perfectly fine and is completely hardware-accelerated
on a Matrox card.

Salut, Sven