[directfb-dev] Re: TV oriented application needs; was:ANNOUNCE: DirectFB

[directfb-dev] Re: TV oriented application needs; was:ANNOUNCE: DirectFB 0.9.12

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 10:18:10AM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> I migth be misunderstanding something here, but why don't you use
> windows to blend the onscreen GUI over the TV image? This approach
> should work perfectly fine and is completely hardware-accelerated
> on a Matrox card.

Can this be done when the two windows are different applications?
i.e. if one had an app showing a TV stattion full-screen, could one
use another app to blend (I am assuming as in a translucent layer on
top) and OSD on top of that?

How?  :-)

b.

--