[directfb-dev] Re: DirectFB, LIRC and GTK

[directfb-dev] Re: DirectFB, LIRC and GTK

Hi,

"Brian J. Murrell" <2cc0cb7434de6598e6d9b9c160b93494@interlinx.bc.ca> writes:

> Does the LIRC support in DirectFB pass through to the GDK for DirectFB
> layer?  If so, in what way?  How does GDK/GTK see the input events?
> Are they mapped to keyboard events such that if DirectFB's LIRC
> config sees the up arrow of my remote as the up arrow of my keyboard,
> GTK gets an up arrow keyboard event?

yes, the LIRC inputdrivers generates DirectFB keyboard events and the
GDK-DirectFB layer translates them into GDK events. This should work
for all DirectFB keys that map to GDK key events. Keys that don't map
generate a GDK key event with the keyval set to GDK_VoidSymbol. You
should still be able to recognize the key by looking at the
hardware_keycode field of the GdkEventKey struct.

Salut, Sven