[directfb-dev] Re: TV oriented application needs; was:ANNOUNCE: DirectFB

[directfb-dev] Re: TV oriented application needs; was:ANNOUNCE: DirectFB 0.9.12

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 09:24:22PM +0200, Mike Pieper wrote:
> I think I expressed it a little bit wrong. What I mean is that I would like to
> send the video pictures to one layer and have the GUI in another layer. The
> hardware should do the mixing.
> But unfortunately on G400 the BES layer hides the primary layer. Therefore I
> have to do it all with one layer. With 'has to be done by software' I mean
> that mixing the tv window with the GUI window has to be done explicitely.

If you use the BES you can't do it in hardware (as you noticed :). If your
TV grabber can output RGB you can use the window approach. AFAIK most BT
cards support RGB.