[directfb-dev] Re: DirectFB, LIRC and GTK

On Wednesday 26 June 2002 22:00, Denis Oliver Kropp wrote:
> Not every input input device supports/has key codes used in conjunction
> with a keymap. The lirc driver simply dispatches a symbol and the input
> core translates it into a key id. This is done in "fixup_key_event".
> Only the keyboard driver has a keymap yet. It simply dispatches the
> hardware key code to the input core and it gets translated taking modifiers
> and locks into account.

After looking at the code in gdkkeys-directfb.c I must say, that the guy who
wrote this code didn't know about that fact :-). Everything is based on the
hardware key_code. Only the keyboard is used to build the directfb_keymap. No
other input device seems to be supported.

I'm sorry but I have no idea how to fix that. In my opinion this is not just a
bug, but a bad concept. Perhaps it was not intended to support other input
devices than keyboards for gtk. I don't know.

Mike