[directfb-dev] Re: DirectFB, LIRC and GTK

[directfb-dev] Re: DirectFB, LIRC and GTK

Quoting Mike Pieper (mike@pieper-family.de):
> On Wednesday 26 June 2002 22:00, Denis Oliver Kropp wrote:
> > Not every input input device supports/has key codes used in conjunction
> > with a keymap. The lirc driver simply dispatches a symbol and the input
> > core translates it into a key id. This is done in "fixup_key_event".
> > Only the keyboard driver has a keymap yet. It simply dispatches the
> > hardware key code to the input core and it gets translated taking modifiers
> > and locks into account.
>
> After looking at the code in gdkkeys-directfb.c I must say, that the guy who
> wrote this code didn't know about that fact :-). Everything is based on the
> hardware key_code. Only the keyboard is used to build the directfb_keymap. No
> other input device seems to be supported.
>
> I'm sorry but I have no idea how to fix that. In my opinion this is not just a
> bug, but a bad concept. Perhaps it was not intended to support other input
> devices than keyboards for gtk. I don't know.

If gdk supports a keymap for each input device we could have a virtual keymap
with the symbol being the keycode (32bit). I just hope that gdk can handle keymaps
with four billion entries ;)

We should map each DirectFB input devices to a gdk input device anyway.