a40e8119bbddbe7b3d281db117f19b32@interlinx.bc.ca (a40e8119bbddbe7b3d281db117f19b32@interlinx.bc.ca):

> As in out-of-order possibly?  That would matter of course.  It was
> mentioned to me that A'rpi does not care about interlaced output
> devices and therefore is not careful about outputting fields in their
> correct order.

  You're playing an interlaced MPEG file?

  It's not that mplayer is doing anything wrong, they're just treating
the input as progressive.  The problem is that interlaced MPEG files
may give frames as either top-field-first or bottom-field-first and
they may switch if the repeat-first-field flag is ever used in the
file.

--
Billy Biggs
vektor@dumbterm.net