On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 01:16:10AM +0200, Ville Syrjälä wrote:

> 600 MHz Duron seems to be more than enough.

Indeed.  And mine is a real Pentium, not a Celeron:

processor	: 0
vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
cpu family	: 6
model		: 8
model name	: Pentium III (Coppermine)
stepping	: 1
cpu MHz		: 601.372
cache size	: 256 KB
fdiv_bug	: no
hlt_bug		: no
f00f_bug	: no
coma_bug	: no
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 2
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse
bogomips	: 1199.30

> But perhaps the blit hasn't completed when we flip the buffers... Ok, I
> admit to being an idiot.

Well, I wouldn't go that far Ville.  :-)  You have accomplished quite
a lot with the Matrox CRTC2 code!  I am very appreciative.  If you
should ever find yourself in my neck of the woods, a beer is on me!

> When I added the vsync stuff I copied it straight
> out of the fbdev stuff without thinking. The gfxcard_sync(); is totally
> misplaced. Obviosly it should be before programming the registers not
> after. I attached a patch to fix this.
>
> Brian, please test if it helps.

Applied.  Still seeing stuttering in horizontal movement, and frame
"flip-backs" (old frames being redisplayed).

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell