On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 05:11:43AM +0500, Antonino Daplas wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 18:25, Denis Oliver Kropp wrote:
> > Quoting Antonino Daplas (adaplas@pol.net):
> > > 4.  Which is why we really need an AGP surface in DirectFB for things
> > > like video :)
> >
> > Yes, we really need that, but I'm too lazy to refactor the surface manager
> > stuff for such an extension.
> >
> Attempted it once too, but it will need someone who knows the ins and
> outs of DirectFB :-)

Well my AGP patch should provide the low-level stuff. I was wondering
about just adding something like DSCAPS_AGPONLY so the impact on the rest
of the system would be minimal. For Matrox cards and mplayer this would be
enough since the card can blit directly to/from AGP memory. There's no
point in copying back and forth between video and AGP memory. It will need
to register another surface manager for the AGP memory. I think the
surface code wouldn't need much changes since each surface is already
linked to it's surface manager. We'd only need to add AGP-only surfaces
to the various switch statements. gfxcard and card driver code probably
need some more changes though. Perhaps I'm jut being too optimistic. Dok,
what do you think?