[directfb-dev] Re: Help me please! About 4bits pixel format.

[directfb-dev] Re: Help me please! About 4bits pixel format.

Hi,
Thank you for your help.

Ville Syrjäl wrote:

>On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 03:55:57PM +0800, James Su wrote:
>

>>In my understanding, a surface
>>may occupy a block of memory itself or share a block of memory with
>>other surface, ie. a sub surface.
>>

>Well the only difference between "real" surfaces and sub surfaces is the
>way you create them. After that it's just business as usual.

How about the memory layout? Could you please tell me how a surface
memory looks like? Does sub surface have its own buffer?
I don't understand the internal of surface. Could you please give me
some information?

>>Am I right? Then, for example if I
>>alloc a sub surface from an odd x coordination within the father
>>surface, i.e. (3,4), the memory offset of the sub surface will be 1.5
>>bytes, but it's impossible!
>>

>Perhaps you can simply return DFB_INVAREA in those cases.

You mean, I just restrict the surface boundary at even coordination? But
I don't know if it's acceptable for user.

Regards
James Su