[directfb-dev] Re: how to CreateSurface on CRTC2 layer for G400

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:41:07PM +0100, Denis Oliver Kropp wrote:

> I can add an environment variable like SDL_DIRECTFB_LAYERID or similar
> as the DirectFB backend is written by me.

An environment variable works for me.  How does setting (or not
setting) this variable jive with the /etc/directfbrc settings:

matrox-crtc2
matrox-tv-standard=ntsc

It's obvious the latter says that my CRTC2 is attached to an NTSC TV,
but the former seems to be a directive that DirectFB applications
should use the TV-Out (head 2) rather than the monitor (head 1).  This
seems limiting to me.  I want to be able to run DirectFB applications
and have some use the monitor and some the TV-Out, simultaneiously.

Am I reading correctly that the DirectFB SDL backend was written by
you?  Is it you I should bug with changes to SDL-on-DirectFB to
support using different layers?

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell