[directfb-dev] Re: EnumDisplayLayers() misbehaving?

[directfb-dev] Re: EnumDisplayLayers() misbehaving?

Quoting Ville Syrj?l? (syrjala@sci.fi):
> Stupid me. Whenever I call GetDisplayLayer() the layer get's enabled and
> thus the BES layer covered my whole screen. I could of course call
> SetOpacity() to turn the layer off but that isn't very nice if someone
> else was using it. Reference counting would solve this but it's pretty
> daft having to enable a layer just to get it's name. So GetName() is
> pretty useless after all. The solution seems to be moving the name to the
> layer decription (as was suggested by Sven originally :) Any objections?

Would be a good idea as long as layers are enabled by GetDisplayLayer().
I think a maximum name length of 30 characters is ok, I don't want to
allocate memory in the description.