[directfb-dev] Re: Video overlay questions

Ville Syrjälä wrote:
> So you're doing a gfxdriver which claims to work on vesafb?
> You really need to add some specific card identification code
> to the gfxdriver so that the driver won't be enabled for all
> people using vesafb...

Already done. I have a kernel module which only stays put if a CLE266
graphics device is present. The module uses devfs, so the DFB driver can
probe for the module with stat(), like this:

static int driver_probe(GraphicsDevice *device)
{
    struct stat s;
    return stat("/dev/cle266vgaio", &s) + 1;
}

In other words, if there is no module installed, /dev/cle266vgaio won't
exist, and driver_probe() will return zero.

>> It turns out that df_layer doesn't call the layer's FlipBuffers
function...

>> So, what could be missing?
>
>You need to call videosurface->Flip(...) to make the flip happen.
>
>But really the default buffermode must be FRONTONLY.

Ok, got it.

Thanks for the help!

/Andreas