[directfb-dev] Re: Xine, mplayer providers

[directfb-dev] Re: Xine, mplayer providers

Hi,
> > mplayer is a really cool player but looking at the code, it
> is a piece
> > of junk. a much cleaner approach would be using ffmpeg's libavcodec
> > (xine and mplayer also use libavcodec). Using it directly
> instead of
> > xine or mplayer would eliminate a (fat) additional layer.
>
> IMHO the big advantage of using xine over mplayer is that xine has an
> independant library called xine-lib that is really easy to integrate.

If somebody is trying to make mplayer provider I suggest to look at
mplayer-g2 at http://mplayerhq.hu/~arpi/g2/
It is still under development but I think that it is better starting point
than current mplayer.

			JS