[directfb-dev] Re: Savage driver not working for me

  • To: directfb-dev@directfb.org
  • Subject: [directfb-dev] Re: Savage driver not working for me
  • From: Adam Pierce <adam@doctort.org>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 11:50:35 +1000
  • Sender: directfb-dev-bounce@directfb.org

CONFIG_FBCON_CFB8 made no difference I'm afraid.

I have also been fiddling with the vga= parameter in lilo.conf. I have set it to vga=ask so it will ask me for a video mode.

When it asks for the video mode, the menu is titled "Video adapter: VESA VGA" which doesn't seem right. After I select a mode, it then goes to the kernel panic I mentioned in my first post.

Perhaps the kernel is trying to call a non-existant VESA driver. Do I need to add any kernel parameters to make it use the savagefb driver ?

What should I set the vga= parameter to ?

Alex Song wrote:
try enabling CONFIG_FBCON_CFB8 in your kernel config