[directfb-users] G400 TV-Out while running X

[directfb-users] G400 TV-Out while running X

Hi,

I just installed DirectFB and set things up so I can play movies over my
G400's TV-Out using mplayer, this works flawlessly when done from the console.
When I try to play from within X however, it doesn't work the way I want to,
I'm switched to a different VT (i've got no-vt-switch in /etc/directfbrc, no
effect) and the screen is all garbled. Is there a way to make it all work the
way I want to ? (movie plays on TV, X stays usable) preferrably without using
XDirectFB.

My setup:
Linux-2.6.0-test8
DirectFB 0.9.20