[directfb-users] Re: Matrox G450 TV Out - Black and white picture?

[directfb-users] Re: Matrox G450 TV Out - Black and white picture?

Hello J-F,

I have a Matrox G450 on a kernel 2.4.21. I have installed DirectFB
according to Ville Syrjälä's Howto and I got mplayer working (with the
nospic option) but I get only black and white output.
Same result with the alternative "/dev/fb" method.

Any idea where that could come from?
Check your cable and settings carefully.

Most likely you're outputting a s-video signal, where y/c (y == luminance, ie. black/white informations, c = chrominance, ie. color informations) are transmitted on two different wires, but your tv expects a composite signal (ie. where color and lumincance informations are mixed together).

If you input the lumincance only to the composite input, you'll get a black/white picture.

So either your cable is broken or tell your tv to use s-video for the input you've connected your card to, or use the composite plug of your cable.

Thanks in advance!
J-F
If that does not help, exactly tell what settings you've chosen and what output from the card you plugged into which input of your tv.

CU
Michael.