[directfb-users] cle266 layer and pixel format problem

[directfb-users] cle266 layer and pixel format problem

Hi all,

I am developing a dfb application on a epia-m board, with cle266 kernel
fb driver (viafb) and directfb support (cle266vgaio). dfbinfo shows two
layers, one is the fbdev primary layer and the other cle266.

The problem is, if I CreateSurface from the super interface, it uses the
primary layer, but without flipping. And I cannot successfully, say,
FillRectangle on that surface. On the other hand, if I GetDisplayLayer
for layer id 1, which is the cle266 and supports flipping, and
GetSurface from this layer, I can FillRectangle on it with flipping,
but, however, cannot RenderTo a jpeg to the surface due to the unknown
pixel format 201007. This pixel format problem does not occur in the
first scenario since when I CreateSurface, I can use desc to ask for a
valid pixel format, like ARGB.

So, neither cases suits my need. Can anyone offer me some help, as I am
a newbie in developing dfb apps.

Thanks,

Selwyn