[directfb-users] Re: cle266 layer and pixel format problem

On 11/04/2003 07:21 PM, Denis Oliver Kropp wrote:
> You can request a flipping primary surface by setting the capabilities:
> desc.flags |= DSDESC_CAPS;
> desc.caps   = DSCAPS_FLIPPING;

I did. But this desc thing only works for CreateSurface on the super
interface, where I would have no control of which layer to use (as I've
mentioned that there are two layers available, the FBDev Primary Layer
and the CLE266 layer). I would like to use the CLE266 layer for its
hardware acceleration.

To choose which layer to use, I have to call GetDisplayLayer on the
super interface, specifying the layer id. But then, GetSurface on this
layer doesn't allow me to pass in the desc thing. I cannot request for
the flipping capability.

Selwyn