[directfb-users] How to use directfb in vmware4.0

[directfb-users] How to use directfb in vmware4.0

Hi,

  Can anyone tell me how to use directfb in VMWARE? I use windows 2k pro as a host os, and installed redhat9.0 as the guest os. It seems the vesafb runs well before I install directfb. If I run any example(directfb-0.9.18 & directfb-examples-0.9.18), it just show me some error. So I searched the maillist to find some cue. As a result I use the vmwarefb-0.6.0-linux-2.4.20.patch, patch the kernel, then recompile(with the vmware fb SVGA on). But the thing's getting worse. I cann't boot at all. Then I add "video=vmware:noaccel" to lilo.conf. This time, it's better. When booting, I saw big misty characters.  But anyway it's not very good. So I give up and turn to you. Thank you in advance.

Best regards