[directfb-users] Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] matrox 550 tv out and mplayer pro

[directfb-users] Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] matrox 550 tv out and mplayer problem

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 07:53:54AM -0500, Neil Radisch wrote:
> Some videos are giving me odd artifacts. It looks almost like the
> type of interlace artifacts one would see on a computer monitor, except
> it's thick horizontal bars instead of thin horizontal lines. Only some DVDs
> show this problem.

I assume we're talking about vo_dfbmga here...

No vo_dfbmga updates have been included in mplayer 0.9x in a long time.
The biggest problem is that it doesn't support triple buffering so you
need to use -vsync option to avoid tearing.