[directfb-users] Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] matrox 550 tv out and mplayer pro

[directfb-users] Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] matrox 550 tv out and mplayer problem

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 08:58:40AM -0500, Neil Radisch wrote:
> The only way I can describe it is to say it's a similar effect to
> interlacing artifacts when
> you try and play interlaced material on a computer monitor. However, unlike
> interlace artifacts
> which are thin line-by-line abberations, this is "chunkier". More like bars
> than lines.

And can you see any artifacts when you watch it on a monitor?

If the problem is indeed interlacing you can try to use the fieldparity
option to get rid of it. But that works only if the field parity stays
constant.