[directfb-users] Re: AW: Performance problem with Flip

[directfb-users] Re: AW: Performance problem with Flip

Hi,

"Manhart Matthias" <m.manhart@jmag.ch> writes:

> "Sven Neumann" <neo@convergence.de> writes:
> > Well, do you need a backbuffer on your surface at all? If all you
> > do is to draw in XOR mode, you probably want to use a non-flipping
> > surface instead.
>
> Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me how to make a surface
> "non-flipping" ?

You didn't tell us much about your application so I can only
guess. But my guess is that you are doing a full-screen application
and are drawing on the primary layer. If that's correct, you probably
want to set the DisplayLayer's buffer mode to DLBM_FRONTONLY.

Sven