[directfb-users] Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] matrox 550 tv out andmplayer prob

[directfb-users] Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] matrox 550 tv out andmplayer problem

>> The chunky artifacts are definitely due to scaling. Normally I
use -aspect
>> 1.5 (For some
>> reason -aspect 4:3 looks too tall on all my televisions.... is this a
bug?).

>-aspect overrides the the source aspect ratio. Why do you need to use it?
>-monitoraspect sets the output aspect ratio but with normal TVs the
>default 4:3 should be ok.

If I specify no ratio, or use monitoraspect I get no picture for many disks.
The real wierd thing is when I specify -aspect 4:3, I see this in the
verbose logs

---
Movie-Aspect is 1.33:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO Config (720x480->720x540,flags=0,'MPlayer',0x32315659)
VO: [dfbmga] 720x480 => 720x540 Planar YV12
----
what's with the 720x480=>720x540 line????
If I specify -aspect 1.5 I get 720x480=>720x480 instead.

Regardless, Using aspect 4:3 (or nothing at all for disks that accept that)
gives
me images that are too tall. They kinda look anamorphic.

>As for DirectFB I'm not entirely happy with the current fieldparity stuff
>since it makes the process sleep a lot. But fixing that would require
>kernel support...

Well at least in my case, the parity adjustment doesn't seem to be helping.
Also, the
jerky motion seems a bit too coarse to be a parity problem