[directfb-users] Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] matrox 550 tv out andmplayer prob

[directfb-users] Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] matrox 550 tv out andmplayer problem

Ok, I think I've narrowed the problem down. It seems to be a problem
with the implementation of parity.

If you recall, parity=0 gives me slightly jerky motion and parity=1 gives
me very bad motion for 29.97 interlaced material.

Well, just for laughs I played with 23.976 material, which normally plays
very well. Now parity shouldn't have any effect here since the base material
isn't interlaced. The results are curious.

fieldparity=0    - slightly jerky
fieldparity=1   - slightly jerky
no parity specified - perfect!!!!!!!

What this implies is that the setting of parity has a detrimental effect
on playback. Perhaps the slightly jerky motion is not an interlace artifact
in this case, but just a rendering delay caused by the code that implements
parity?

What do you think Ville?

Neil