[directfb-users] pixelformat on cle266 overlay

[directfb-users] pixelformat on cle266 overlay

Hi all,

When I first get display layer 1 (cle266 overlay) on an EPIA-M board,
its default pixelformat is YUY2, on which the df_window example fails to
display anything on the screen. I have to set it to ARGB or RGB32 to get
the two windows shown. But even so, the background image is not shown.
Also, when my mouse is over any of the window, and the window is
changing the opacity, there is serious flickering, which doesn't happen
when I use the primary layer.

Any ideas? In fact, what is the use of the overlay? Should I develop my
how application on the primary layer instead, without any performance
penalty?

Selwyn