[directfb-users] Re: How to make the DirectFB on top CLE266 work

Yidan(Edward) Zhou wrote:

> I am working on a PVR box based on VIA EPIA-M motherboad. I tried to
> install the Linux driver and DirectFB for the VIA graphic chip, but it
> seems that the driver for the CLE266 chip doesn't work properly. How can
> I make the VIA CLE266 Overlay working?

Have you tried the "dfb_layer" example? (It's in the DirectFB-examples
package)

I installed the DirectFB's libmpeg3 video provider and downloaded this
MPEG-2 test stream:
http://teco.emg.hu/tdmpeg120.mpv

I renamed the file test.mpg and wrote:
./df_layer test.mpeg

It's not fast, but it lets you see if it works.

Regards,
Andreas