[directfb-users] Re: AW: Performance problem with Flip

[directfb-users] Re: AW: Performance problem with Flip

Quoting Manhart Matthias:
> "Sven Neumann" <neo@convergence.de> writes:
> > Well, do you need a backbuffer on your surface at all? If all you
> > do is to draw in XOR mode, you probably want to use a non-flipping
> > surface instead.
>
> Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me how to make a surface
> "non-flipping" ?

If you create a primary surface with via CreateSurface() using DSCAPS_PRIMARY
you can choose between flipping and non-flipping using DSCAPS_FLIPPING (or not).

If you always Flip() using a limited region you should use DSCAPS_SYSTEMONLY
along with DSCAPS_PRIMARY. This way the back buffer is located in system memory
which results in much faster copying.

Another way is to redraw the whole screen and Flip() with a NULL region. Unless
the back buffer is in system memory, both buffers are simply exchanged.