[directfb-users] Re: How to make the DirectFB on top CLE266 work

[directfb-users] Re: How to make the DirectFB on top CLE266 work

Quoting Ville Syrjälä:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 04:36:42PM +0100, Yidan(Edward) Zhou wrote:
> >
> > viapvr:~# df_layer ./tdmpeg120.mpv
> >
> > (#) DirectFBError [dfb->CreateVideoProvider failed]: Interface
> > implementation not available!
>
> This just means that you don't have video provider for MPEG video files.

Renaming the file to 'tdmpeg120.mpg' may help.

> > >BTW, although I am not building a pvr, I would like to know why you need
> > >the overlay layer. Is it for showing video?
> > >

> > Exactly, my goal to use the overlay layer is to reduce cpu consumption
> > of MPEG2 decoding, since CLE266 has a built-in MPEG2 decoder.
>
> DirectFB doesn't support hardware MPEG decoding.

Not yet, but writing a video provider specially for CLE266 should be possible.
This provider has access to DirectFB's core API for video memory addresses etc.