[directfb-users] Re: DirectFB is thread-safe?

[directfb-users] Re: DirectFB is thread-safe?

Quoting Bill Hayden:
> I'm trying to transform an application which currently uses raw
> keyboard/mouse handling and VESA framebuffer graphics, to use DirectFB
> for both.  Each of these tasks, input handling and graphics handling,
> run in their own thread.  Is it safe to use this same methodology for
> DirectFB, which each thread calling the same IDirectFB object?

The DirectFB core is thread-safe, but the interface instances are not.
So you shouldn't use the same IDirectFBSurface in two threads simultaneously,
but you can use two or more IDirectFBSurface on the same core surface, e.g.
using sub surfaces.